Thursday 4 December 2014

The Misadventures of Artemis

February, 2014...I had been an admin for just a little under a month. Call me ambitious, but I wanted to organize something special in honour of Tom Hiddleston's 33rd birthday. What do you give a man who gives so much of himself to his fans and to charity? A donation in his honour.

I already knew how I was going to facilitate the donation drive...merely a few weeks prior, another fan page created t-shirts to sell to fans. The idea bulb illuminated in my subconscious and I set to work.

I first pitched my idea to the senior admins, and upon approval, put my plans into motion. Because we fans and admins were all a team to support Tom, I chose the name and simple design that would become the birth of "Team Hiddleston." (In case that name rings a bell, there is a fan group on Facebook by that name and a fan page with the same name...the fan page belongs to me and is another story that will be told later...the fan group belongs to someone else.)

http://teespring.com/TeamHiddleston (This is the URL that still shows the campaign page and the design...I alone possess the user name and password to this campaign and account.)

"Team Hiddleston" was my creation and I was solely responsible for its inception and success. I am the one who posted the advertisements and reminder of the campaign. On Tom's 33rd birthday, the campaign closed and all shirts were successfully sold. The proceeds were $150.00 and I personally sent the cheque to UNICEF UK through registered mail.

My fellow admins helped by purchasing a shirt each but contributed little to my campaign. The success of the "Team Hiddleston" t-shirt drive was solely attributed to me.

Sadly, that is the only thing I could find solace in during the subsequent weeks. My success had brought forth the green eyed monster called jealousy. One of the admins was threatened by my work and began making my life a living hell. Not only did she try to ostracize me, she managed to convince two of the other admins that I was a problem. Shakespeare was accurate when he wrote "It is the green eye'd monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on" (Iago, Othello, Act 3 Scene 3)

Oh...the Shakespeare quoting looks familiar? That was my signature way of posting. One admin tried (and failed) to emulate my style and that also contributed to my isolation from the others. I tried my hardest to make the page into one Tom himself would have been proud to associate his name with and my efforts were rewarded with trash talking, bullying and exclusion.

The admins talked trash about me behind my back and spread lies and slander about me.

I DO NOT regret anything I said in my letter to UNICEF...everything said was true. I am the leader of
Team Hiddleston. This is something I am extremely proud of and will not let three harpies try to ruin me out of jealousy.

Last I heard, the instigator said she was going to do t-shirts of her own, but like the lazy idiot she is, it never happened.

What goes around comes around. I will sit and wait for karma to bite the harpies in the arse.

I have nothing to hide...and I will gladly tell more of the truth of what happened. I will not be censored nor will I hide in the shadows anymore. Like a Phoenix, Artemis will rise again from the ashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment